Select-only text views and keyboard input

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Select-only text views and keyboard input
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 02:25:45 +0100

Hi,

Quoting bug report #101845: (so I don't have to type it out twice :)
""
Date: 2003-Feb-16 12:44
Sender: alexm

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. Currently, non-editable text views
don't accept keyboard input at all, so the app developer has to supply
code to handle it. I could change NSTextView to handle keyboard input
itself as long as it's selectable, but this would involve a bunch of
other changes to make behavior consistent. I'll bring it up in the
mailing list.
""

AFAICT, the only other change is to make the insertion point visible for
select-only text views so you can see what you're doing when navigation
and selecting using the keyboard. So, what should the behavior of
select-only text views be? As a reference, what did/does OPENSTEP/mosx
do?

- Alexander Malmberg