Re: bug causing the deserializer to crash

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: bug causing the deserializer to crash
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 10:39:09 +0000

On Friday, February 28, 2003, at 05:59 pm, davidwallin@fastmail.fm wrote:

Hi,

After some consultation with two helpful guys on IRC (hi babylink & alexm_) I finally got gnustep up and running.

Apparently, there is a bug somewhere causing the deserializer to crash when given invalid data.

I include the culprit files (from ~/GNUstep/Services) and the following backtrace:

Thanks ... I've fixed the code in the 1.6.0 branch in CVS so that a corrupt/truncated file should cause an exception
rather than a segfault.