Re: a gdb question

From: David Relson
Subject: Re: a gdb question
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 20:42:22 -0500

At 07:38 PM 3/15/03, Adam Fedor wrote:

On Saturday, March 15, 2003, at 12:30 PM, David Relson wrote:

I _am_ setting solib-search-path with a "set
solib-search-path=/usr/GNUstep/System/Libraries" in my .gdbinit file,
but that doesn't help.  "ldd obj/Hello" affirms that
/usr/GNUstep/System/Libraries is the correct path.

Shouldn't it be

set
solib-search-path=/usr/GNUstep/System/Libraries/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu- gnu

or something similar?  I've also had luck setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
environment variable from WITHIN gdb.

Adam,

I'm using --enable-flattened so the path is correct.

"set env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/GNUstep/System/Libraries" works beautifully.

Looks like I also need "set env GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT=/usr/GNUstep/System". GNUstep initialization was nice enough to warn me about that.

Thanks for the assist.  BIG THANKS for the gdb-5.3 patches.

David