Re: guile 1.6 support

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: guile 1.6 support
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 10:48:06 +0100

Willem Rein Oudshoorn wrote:

Fred Kiefer <FredKiefer@gmx.de> writes:

Looks like guile only checks on the first entry (The file is in the
last directory) and as it doesn't find the file there reports an
error. How could I convice guile to check the other directories as
well? I am using a SuSE 8.1 Linux on a i386 processor.

I remember having this problem as well.  As far as I remember
it was a bug in guile or in libltdl.so.  But I ended
up fixing libltdl.so.  Sorry that I do not remember the details,
but found with google on some guile mailing list.

Wim Oudshoorn.

Hello Fred,

This is the same thing I see on SuSU 7.3 already. In fact searches in _all_ directories of LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and fails as soon as it doesn't find it. (When I moved the correct entry to the front, it failed reporting that it didn't find it in the second entry) so I've added all relevant LD_LIBRARY_PATH entries to my /etc/ld.so.conf file (ran ldconfig) and
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=
and then it works for me.

Of course it should also work with the LD_LIBRARY_PATH setup and I would also prefer if the *real* bug gets fixed, (be it in libtool or whereever).

Cheers,
Dave