retains to the app delegate ?

From: Pete French
Subject: retains to the app delegate ?
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 14:39:59 +0000

I am creating an object in the _main.m file to be used as the
application delegate and also the backbone of the program. What I
am finding is that it seems to get many retain calls during the run of
the program, and does not get corresponding release calls. Thus
it is never deallocatd, and I dont have a way of detecting when it
should clean things up nicely as the application is about to exit.

Any ideas ? I could ut the cleanup code inside an appWillterminate method,
but that seems very ugly somehow.

-bat.