Re: Renassance patch for secure text fields

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Renassance patch for secure text fields
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:22:05 +0000 (GMT)

> > This is a patch for GSMarkupTagTextField.m which allows the attribute
> > 'secure" to be used in an renaissance test field. If this is
> > true then the class is NSSecureTextField rather than simply NSTextField

Thanks! :-)

> hm I am not sure if it is better to make a subclass of GSMarkupTagTextField
> which is named GSMarkupTagSecureTextField.

Yes - I think this would be (slightly) better - so I did the change in
this way.

The reason why I think it would be slightly better is that secure text
fields might have additional attributes that textfields do not have (the
only attribute at the moment is whether the secure field should `echo
bullets' or not).  It would look a bit unelegant to have the code
recognize those attributes only if the field is secure, and ignore them if
not.

I know this is mostly sort of academical since the only potential
attribute might be 'echo bullets'.

Anyway - thanks Pete.