Re: GNUstep-gui make problems (linking pthreads)

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: GNUstep-gui make problems (linking pthreads)
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 08:42:56 +0100

On Tuesday, April 1, 2003, at 08:09  am, Tobias wrote:

that does not solve your problem, but it will work around it
Anyway, I don't know if this is something that anyone can pinpoint, but
I thought I would throw it out there.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated and, at a minimum, it would be nice to know where I might
add that '-lpthread' option permanently in the GNU make.
in gui/gui.make.in (or without .in if you happen not to run autoconf)
-GUI_LIBS = -lgnustep-gui
+GUI_LIBS = -lgnustep-gui -pthreads

That would work for gui apps, but not non-gui programs.

The GNUstep make package should handle the thread library automatically ...
so perhaps that needs to be re configured, built and installed?
Maybe the GNUstep software on this system was originally configured with
an objc runtime which lacked threading, and the libobjc later upgraded?