skyrix-sope

From: Helge Hess
Subject: skyrix-sope
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 18:19:18 +0200

maybe some people already noticed, but we released the sources of the SKYRiX-SOPE package under GPL. It contains the JavaScript bridge and the NGObjWeb library (a web development framework which is API compatible to
WebObjects):

  http://developer.skyrix.com/01_objc/05_sope/

I didn't make an official announcement yet, since skyrix-sope doesn't yet work out-of-the-box with GNUstep or MacOSX, but has some dependencies on libFoundation (eg the runloop mechanisms).

So if you are interested in helping with the GNUstep or MacOSX ports, please drop me a line or just download the sources and play ;-) I've also updated the skyrix-core sources, it now includes our variant of the FoundationExt framework which is required to build skyrix-core and skyrix-sope on Cocoa.

As the other skyrix frameworks, skyrix-sope is in active development for several years now (at least since 1998, that's the time the ChangeLog starts ;-) and therefore quite mature.

Some other features:
- use JavaScript for scripted WOComponent's
- use XHTML based templates files (.wox)
- speeeed optimized
- compressed output
- WebDAV implementation
- XML-RPC server implementation

PS: please don't start the "why do we need yet another gstep-web ?" or "how do I decide which package to use" discussion again ;-)

Helge
Helge Hess                         Email:    helge.hess@skyrix.com
SKYRIX Software AG                 Tel:      +49-391-6623-0
Universitaetsplatz 12              Fax:      +49-391-6623-599
39104 Magdeburg, Germany           Internet: http://www.skyrix.com
Exchange your Exchange                http://developer.skyrix.com/