Re: tconfig.h and objc

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: tconfig.h and objc
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 21:28:10 -0600

On Thursday, April 17, 2003, at 05:43 PM, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

Hello,

since the repeated failures to get a worging gnustep on my NetBSD and
Solaris boxen, I had the clever idea to try it out on my headless HP
9000/715. This is a relatively fast computer and it has a history: NexStep
3.3 courld run on it (If I had it...).

Well, I have hp-ux 10.20, gcc 2.95

I would suggest not trying GNUstep on hpux unless you are interested in certain amount of work trying to port GNUstep. GNUstep hasn't been compiled or used (AFAIK) on HPUX for at least 6 years.

i make the essential libs like libtiff and ffcall, make gnustep-make...

when I attempt to make gnustep-obj I get

Making all for clibrary libobjc...
 Compiling file archive.c ...
archive.c:27: tconfig.h: No such file or directory
gmake[1]: *** [shared_obj/hppa/hpux10.20/gnu-gnu-gnu/archive.o] Error 1
gmake: *** [libobjc.all.clibrary.variables] Error 2

what the hell is tconfig.h ? am I missing just some library? or did the
configuration not go well? or it is more OS dependent include that I cant
get around...

It's looking for tconfig.h in config/hppa/hpux10.20, although it's only in config/hppa/hpux. You could just create the hpux10.20 directory and copy tconfig.h there). Perhaps a proper fix though, is to change gnustep-make/clean_os.sh to transform hpux* into just hpux (I don't know it that is correct, though).