Re: Rejoyce! At last it seems to work...

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Rejoyce! At last it seems to work...
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 14:34:48 -0600

On Friday, April 18, 2003, at 01:10 PM, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
I still start gdomap and gdnc everytime I need them, right after opening a console and safter sourcing GNUstep.sh. (Someone with solaris expereince can
help me here in where and how to autostart them?)

You only need to start these once (perhaps at boot time).

Howewer, when I start an application I get the following alerts:

Critical Error in XXX
NSPortTimeoutException: Invalidated while awaiting reply.

This is probably occuring becuase gdnc is crashing for some reason. Did you install ffcall (before installing gnustep-base)? That would cause it, since invocations/DO don't work without it.

If that's not it, you could try debugging gdnc. Make sure it isn't already running, then do this

gdb gdnc
run -f

and in a different terminal, start an application and watch gdnc crash, then get a backtrace:

bt