Re: speed of Obj-C vs. C++(slightly OT)

From: Jim McLoughlin
Subject: Re: speed of Obj-C vs. C++(slightly OT)
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 01:48:21 -0700

Hi Drik

On Tuesday, April 22, 2003, at 01:36 AM, Dirk Theisen wrote:

You can always include C libraries for maximum speed.
AFAIK, some computational finance libs are in plain C anyway so you can get by with using C for the computations and ObjC for the rest (where message passing times do not matter).

Thanks for the response. I realized after posting that it all depends on how you split things up between C/C++ or C/Obj-C.

I guess my question is that, assuming these ratios are equal, which is faster.

cheers
Jim