Changes to encodings of NSSliderCell and NSParagraphStyle

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Changes to encodings of NSSliderCell and NSParagraphStyle
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 18:54:24 +0200

I had to change the encoding of NSSliderCell and NSParagraphStyle in the gui library to accommodate new attributes. This changes are of course backward compatible (i.e. with new libraries you are still able to read old archives), but not forward compatible (applications using old libraries wont be able to read the new archives). If you are using the GNUstep CVS or a current snapshot, please make sure that you update all your GNUstep installations at once. It is a rather uncommon scenario to exchange objects of these two object classes, but who knows.

Judging from the comments I did find in other classes encoding methods there will be a lot more incompatible changes for gui classes. Hopefully we get the archiving of them all sorted out for the next release to save us all further warning mails.

Fred