GDL2 questions

From: Dirk Lattermann
Subject: GDL2 questions
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 19:13:11 +0200

Hello,

I'm trying to get acquainted with gdl2, so I'm writing a GNUstep
tool to fetch some data from a PostgreSQL (7.3.2) database.
When I do

EOEditingContext *ec = [EOEditingContext new];
EOFetchSpecification *fs = [EOFetchSpecification new];
[fs setEntityName: @"employees"];
NSArray *ar = [ec objectsWithFetchSpecification: fs];

I'm puzzled, how can I tell the framework which model to use?
I couldn't find any information about this in EOAccess/EOControl
Framework Objective-C API Reference nor EOF Developer's Guide
(from Apple's EOF 4.5). But that's much to read, I may easily have
overlooked something.

Does the framework look for a model file in some standard places and
does it use the first model that contains the needed Entity definition
(employees in my example)?
What are these places?
I have constructed an EOModel programmatically that represents my little
test database, how can I instruct the framework to use this?

If I run my example, I get the error messages
 _registerDatabaseContext: -- EODatabaseContext 0x400cb400: No model for entity
named employees
  Uncaught exception NSInvalidArgumentException, reason: adaptorWithModel: --
EOAdaptor 0x400c3dc0: no model specified

  Greetings & TIA,
  Dirk Lattermann