Re: Additions framework compile success

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: Additions framework compile success
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 12:05:45 +0200

Phillip Tamulonis wrote:

Great!  The additions framework compiles fine now with pbxbuild.

However, trying to build GSWeb against it and the stock Apple Foundation as a test gives me a lot of missing GNUstep macro errors etc.

Is the only solution to include GNUstep.h in every method file that requires it, or is it possible to automatically do this in the GNUMakefile somewhere?

Hmm, well to compile GSWeb you still have some other prerequisites. Unfortunately the ones noted in gsweb/INSTALL are out of date. I've got an update in one of my trees but the tree isn't quite ready yet to be commited (I'll try to do a partial update soon.). But what you currently also need is: gdl2, gsantlr and gsgd (next to apache, unless you're going to try to get the netsacape adaptor working).

But you would stumble across the same problem there... Rennaisance uses its own version of a GNUstep.h file. I'm wondering whether it would more sense, to have -baseadd install GNUstep.h. All of our other projects could then use:

#ifndef GNUSTEP (Well, actually maybe we should use/create a better identifier for -base)
#include <GNUstepBase/GNUstep.h> (or gnustep/base/GNUstep.h for now)
#endif

We should also add some #ifndef checks before #define-ing within GNUstep.h then.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
David