Re: ANNOUNCE GSDock-0.0.1

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE GSDock-0.0.1
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 19:02:35 +0200

Gregory John Casamento wrote:
The Dock should, at some point, be made omnipresent so that it will exist on
all workspaces (either in WindowMaker or another WM).  I am having a similar
problem with InnerSpace (a BackSpace clone).

I don't want to hack something in using X11 code, but there is currently no
way, it seems, to tell the backend to make a window omnipresent.

What about setting the window level to NSDockWindowLevel? I cannot promise that this will work on all backends and window managers, at least for KDE and other EWMH window managers this should do the job.

Cheers
Fred