Re: [RFC] Header organization of -base & -gui

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: [RFC] Header organization of -base & -gui
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 14:56:16 -0600

On Tuesday, July 8, 2003, at 06:27 AM, Nicola Pero wrote:

My personal feeling is that the best organization would be the following:

* with library-combos (non-flattened gnustep) enabled:

 Headers/gnu-gnu-gnu/Foundation/
 Headers/gnu-gnu-gnu/GNUstepBase/
 Headers/gnu-gnu-gnu/AppKit/
 Headers/gnu-gnu-gnu/GNUstepGUI/

 Headers/gnu-fd-nil/Foundation/
 Headers/gnu-fd-nil/AnyLibrary/

On the command line, the single flag -Ixxx/Headers/$LIBRARY_COMBO is used.
Please note that -Ixxx/Headers/ is *not* passed on the command line.

Well this seems OK to me, as it clear in a pedantic sense, as long as...

Maybe we could change the default as Adam seems to suggest, and make the
default --disable-flattened and --disable-multi-platform.

   --enable-flattened

is true by default (i.e. make it easy for the User not the Developer).