Re: DO broadcast

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Re: DO broadcast
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 23:06:11 +0200

On 2003-07-10 15:12:05 +0200 niviaud@mail-etu.sp2mi.univ-poitiers.fr wrote:

Using DO, we'd like to have multiple servers sharing the same register
name. How could we cleanly get a list of these servers using broadcast ?
or do you have any other methods to broadcast and list servers on the
local network serving the same "service" ?

Well, you cannot have more objects with same name, at least, not by using
default gnustep DO name server. You can create your own name server, if you
like. However, what can you do, is to register all objects with NameXXX where
XXX is a number. If you want to get a list of them, just post a distributed
notification. See NSDistributedNotificationCenter. Make servers be observers of
some notification that will be posted by an object which wants to know all
servers. Then each server can post notification with their identification.

Stefan Urbanek