Re: Dirty Hack!!!(WAS: Re: [Q] How a method in a category added ?)

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Dirty Hack!!!(WAS: Re: [Q] How a method in a category added ?)
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 11:16:07 -0600

S.J.Chun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To solve linking problem (I've found that even if I explicitly set the linker
> flag so that it link a framework library XXX,
> windows does not link it, if there's no symbolic linkage...), I have to
> specify in the header like following...
>
> #ifndef _EDCommonFramework_Linking_H_
> #define _EDCommonFramework_Linking_H_
>
> @interface NSFramework_EDCommon : NSObject
> @end
>
> static inline void __EDCommonFramework_linking (void) {
>     NSFramework_EDCommon *frmInst = [NSFramework_EDCommon alloc];
> }
>
> #endif
>
> With this, linker always link specified framework library. Any more better
> solution? Thanks in advance.

I've seen this happend when linking libraries statically, but I don't
have any better solution. Another idea is to put some dummy function in
the framework, like

--- linking.m ----
#include <Foundation/Foundation.h>
#include "AppKit/AppKit.h"

void __objc_gui_linking(void)
{
  [GSFontInfo class];
}

And then make sure you call that function from your main program.