Re: PATCH: Find more ObjC methods

From: Ziemowit Laski
Subject: Re: PATCH: Find more ObjC methods
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 13:15:43 -0700

On Friday, Oct 3, 2003, at 12:53 US/Pacific, Devang Patel wrote:

Furthermore, methods in Objective-C are not 'private' (or 'protected') in the C++ sense; all methods _are_ visible to the runtime. So, in the example above, the program definitely _will_ call 'somePrivateMethod'. Also, since we happened to see the @implementation in this case, we can actually determine which 'somePrivateMethod' this will be.

That's why compiler should not issue warning in this case. If it issues warning than as an end user I take it it as "I'm doing something that is not OK/preferred and compiler is warning me about it". Which not the case here so compiler should
not issue warning (and I guess you agree with me).

Yup -- great minds do think alike... :-) :-)
Ziemowit Laski                 1 Infinite Loop, MS 301-2K
Mac OS X Compiler Group        Cupertino, CA USA  95014-2083
Apple Computer, Inc.           +1.408.974.6229  Fax .5477