Re: CodeEditor 0.4.3 is released

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: CodeEditor 0.4.3 is released
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 00:15:17 -0400

Hi,

From: Larry Cow <no@spam.org>
To: discuss-gnustep@gnu.org
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 22:48:06 +0200

* When I try to open a file from GWorkspace, it opens it two times in
CodeEditor. Don't know if it's GWorkspace's fault or CodeEditor's.

 I will look into that sometime.
 Now, I concentrate more on the text view bundle.

* Sometimes, after a few minutes of use (on a new document), some items
in the menu are becoming blank. Still useable, but without any text on
them. And in the same time, some keys doesn't work ('Y', 'j', 'J', ... I
found no logic in it).

By the way: I'm using back-art.

 I do have problem with backart from time to time.
 For example, when I open the NSTextView.m, and fontify (Alt-f) it,
 depending on which font I use, I might get some error message from backart
 and all the glyph disappear.
I have no problem with xlib backend. So I guess probably my freetype library has some bugs in it.
 I never look into it because xlib backend works O.K.
 Maybe you can try xlib backend and see whether it happens again.
 If so, it means there is bug in CodeEditor.
 If not, it indicates that backart (freetype) has some problem.

 Yen-Ju

Thanks for that great piece of software, anyway.

--
Larry Cow