Re: [Gnustep-cvs] Added missing method [isValidGlyphIndex:].

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] Added missing method [isValidGlyphIndex:].
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 02:27:22 +0200

> Commit from FredKiefer (2003-09-29 17:25 EDT)
> ----------------------
> Added missing method [isValidGlyphIndex:].
[snip]

This seems a bit odd. glyphs->glyph_length contains the number of
consecutive built glyphs from the start, so by only checking that field,
the method will only return yes if the glyph for the given index has
already been built. Is this really what the method is supposed to do?

Although the documentation doesn't explicitly state that "valid" means
that it's out-of-range (as opposed to not built), all other methods
ensure that the demand-building of glyphs isn't visible to the caller.
In particular, -glyphAtIndex:isValidIndex: is explicitly documented as
building glyphs if necessary, and I don't see why -isValidGlyphIndex:
should give different results wrt. validity.

- Alexander Malmberg