Re: Questions for deploying GNUStep

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: Re: Questions for deploying GNUStep
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 19:00:00 +0700

Chad Hardin wrote:

I was working on a DirectFB backend for quite a while. However, I discovered that the way DirectFB handles multiple applications is via a cooperative sharing scheme. DirectFB would be nice, but cooperative multitasking would be a step back.

Know I 'm not sure where to go besides the begining..X11.

Chad

May be this can be achieve by making a backend that only doing network connection to the display server? By wrapping directfb with a single windowing system and
provide some sort of connections between backend and window server ... like
WOOM's architecture.

http://www.nongnu.org/woom/images/documents/woom_diagram.png
(it broke but should gave some idea?)