OT: Which distro..

From: hugh d fegely
Subject: OT: Which distro..
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 0:15:16 -0000

Greetings all..

I've been thinking and trying to read up on what's out there lately insofar
as Linux distributions are concerned, and I've seen a lot of recent talk
from some people regarding certain ones..

Currently I'm using Red Hat 7.3 on my server (patched as much as possible)
and Mandrake 9.1 on my workstation.. I've used Debian in the past, but found
it not quite as user-friendly as I'd really like (but it has been a while
since I used it, so I may check it again).

What about SuSE and Gentoo? SuSE has always seemed to be a big competitor in
the distro wars, really.. and Gentoo apparently is trying to become the
"Next Big Thing" out there..

Any thoughts/comments/recommendations?

--
hugh d fegely -<>- sysadmin@wolffeden.net