Re: ProjectCenter & Gorm interaction

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: ProjectCenter & Gorm interaction
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 08:20:07 -0700 (PDT)

--- Larry Cow <no@spam.org> wrote:
> When I create a new GormApplication with PC, Gorm is unable to open the
> corresponding .gorm directory. I had the probleme with the two latest
> releases of Gorm (0.4.0 and 0.3.1), but maybe it goes the same with
> olders one. But I remember that it wasn't always the case.
>
> For what I think, PC creates an empty .gorm dir, and Gorm complains
> about it. Since I'm not sure PC should/could create a non-empty .gorm, I
> think that Gorm shouldn't complain about empty dirs, and act as "I'm
> creating a new .gorm", even though the dir actually exists.

Incorrect.   Gorm expects the files objects.gorm and data.classes to be present
in the .gorm package.   If PC is not coing this, it's a PC problem.

Actually, I enhanced PC to create the .gorm package a few weeks back and it
sounds as if I didn't commit something.

> --
> Larry Cow
> larry at doubidou dot net

=====
Gregory John Casamento
-- bheron on #gnustep, #linuxstep, & #gormtalk ----------------
Please sign the petition against software patents at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/pasp01/petition.html
--- Main Developer of Gorm (featured in April Linux Journal) ---