Re: Is menu the root window of GNUstep application

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: Re: Is menu the root window of GNUstep application
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:27:40 +0700

Yen-Ju Chen wrote:

Hi,

 Just a quick question:
GNUstep application usually has at least two X windows, menu and main window.
 Are they independent from each other from Xwindow's point of view ?
 Or they are parent and child window ?
If they are parent and child windows, which on is the root window ? menu ?

 I know I can trace it down by looking at source code.
 But I think it will be faster to get the anwser by asking. :)

 Thanx.

Yen-Ju

I guess you already look at _GNUSTEP_WM_ATTR? May be using xprop command can help? They are not parent and child, child will only visible within parent's geometry.
I guess you want to do something with the window stacking.