Re: Soliciting Thoughts on the new NSController

From: Philippe C . D . Robert
Subject: Re: Soliciting Thoughts on the new NSController
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:25:41 +0100

Hi,

On Wednesday, October 29, 2003, at 12:58 Uhr, Alex Perez wrote:
All,
As you may or may not be aware, Apple, as part of their 10.3 release, has
implemented a new class, called NSController. I'm not asking that this be
implemented in GNUstep. I'm just looking for people's comments on it,
from the GNUstep point of view. For a brief synopsis of NSController, see
http://www.livejournal.com/users/chanson/67915.html . Aaron Hillegas has
criticized Apple's implementation of it rather strongly, see
http://lists.apple.com/mhonarc/cocoa-dev/msg10603.html (archives/archives)
for this post.

Is there some documentation available on the net already? I could not find it on the Cocoa pages.

BTW there are other additions to 10.3 it seems, eg. NSXMLParser which provides SAX-based XML-document parsing, or NSValueTransformer, NSStream, NSInputStream, NSOutputStream and maybe others.

Good to see that Apple uses ObjC rather than anything else for new features and additions! :-)

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert
http://www.nice.ch/~phip