Re: setting colors

From: Ian Jones
Subject: Re: setting colors
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 03:43:16 +0100

On 2003-10-29 23:39:36 +0000 Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:

Aleksandr Skobelev wrote:
Could anybody tell me, please, how to change colors in GNUStep. I'd like
to make a background color a little brighter.

The best way to set the background color for all windows is surely to change the system color list, stored in the file GNUstep/Library/Colors/System.clr. But than again, there is no clean cut way to do this at the moment, as the color pickers wont allow you to do this. The best thing I can think of in the moment (apart from fixing this) is to set the value you want in a piece of code (using some previous found values) and store the list.

Hope this helps
Fred

Alexander Malmberg wrote a bundle for Preferences.app that will do what you require, I think. If you are interested I can supply you with a tarball that works with current GNUstep cvs? It also contains a small additon of my own which allows you to have the default application menus hidden (moved to a position out of view). I wrote the addition because the menus are pretty much unusable if your window manager only supports sloppy focus as mine does, so they were just getting in the way. I much prefer using the right mouse button to access the menu anyway :)

Regards,

Ian (Ian_J on #gnustep)