Re: The need for a libobjc maintainer

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: The need for a libobjc maintainer
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:27:17 -0700

We would be happy to have Andrew become libobjc maintainer. Andrew seems to have some motivation to apply outstanding patches and good ideas for the future. However, being the other large user of GCC Objective-C (and the major user of GNU libobjc), I think we would like to see a GNUstep developer be appointed as a co-maintainer. I think it is important that we have some visibility and authority over the long-term direction of the system.

If you agree, I'd like to nominate Nicola Pero. Nicola already has write-on-approval status with GCC and has actively been involved in patching and improving GCC Objective-C and libobjc.