Re: getting rid of configure scripts

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: getting rid of configure scripts
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:44:18 -0800 (PST)

Rogelio,

Here's a novel concept: Instead of just commenting out "broken" portions
of configure, why not actually figure out what's going on and either
solicit help or write a patch for it. None of us have problems with the
GNUstep configure scripts, I recompile all the time and so do many many
many others here.

If you are aware of specific issues under specific platforms, please make
specific inquiries to this specific mailing list. Making blanket
statements such as "the configure script is broken" and then proposing
that we replace it makes you look stupid, because it works for 99% of all
other people.

Kind Regards,
Alex Perez