Re: gnustep smb library

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Re: gnustep smb library
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 21:56:19 +0100

Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:
> On 03.12.2003 17:45:36 Enrico Sersale wrote:
> >I'm writing a smb client library, based on libsmbclient, that offers a
> >NSFileManager and NSFileHandle like API.
> >It is already working and will be done in about a week.
> >I'd want to know:
> >- if I can put it in dev-libs.
[snip]
> By the way nobody "vill cut off your johnson" if you name classes
> GS<SomeClassName> as long as this particular classes
> belong to GNUstep.

But I'd recommend not naming classes (or other symbols) with 'GS'. I
consider GS to be mostly reserved for core/; I don't think it's
reasonable to expect core/ developers to keep track of _all_ external
libraries/frameworks in order to avoid name conflicts.

(Apps/frameworks probably shouldn't start with 'GS', either, but that's
a different issue. :)

- Alexander Malmberg