Re: Installing GNUstep on Windows

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Installing GNUstep on Windows
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 22:03:37 -0700

On Wednesday, December 3, 2003, at 09:29 PM, Hank Grabowski wrote:

A combination of doing a bit of OSX development these past few weeks
and reading archived articles (with screenshots) of YellowBox has
gotten me riled up about doing *STEP development on Windows again.
Coincidentally there was a thread on this group about getting
development on track for the Windows port of GNUstep.

Deciding that some help is better than none, my low level Windows
programming level isn't very high, I decided to get my XP machine up
and running with the latest release of GNUstep.  I'm hoping that
someone here can tell me what has gone wrong with my process, because
I'm at an impasse at the present time.

I'm following the directions at:
http://documents.made-it.com/GNUstep/buildguide.html

That guide really only works well on Unix systems. I'd read the README.MinGW in the gnustep-make/Documentation directory for instructions. Alternately, you can download and install the windows installation program:

http://www.gnustep.org/resources/sources.html#windows

Which gets the basic stuff installed up to gnustep-base. Then checkout the 'core' software from CVS and recompile everything again to get the latest stuff*.

NOTE that savannah.gnu.org and subverions.gnu.org are down for a few days, so you won't be able to do that :-(

I don't really understand the errors you got. Hopefully doing it this way will fix that.