Re: #import vs #include

From: Rogelio M . Serrano Jr .
Subject: Re: #import vs #include
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 20:52:15 +0800

On 2003-12-30 19:34:37 +0800 Dennis Leeuw <dleeuw@made-it.com> wrote:

Artem Baguinski wrote:
quoting http://gnustep.made-it.com/GSPT/xml/Tutorial_en.html :

In Cocoa, #import is used instead of #include to prevent duplicated declarations. But GNU GCC doesn't support #import as good as Apple's
    GCC, and GNUstep use #include.

is that statment correct? what's wrong with GNU GCC's #import support?
and BTW doesn't G in GCC stand for GNU?

Yep the G stands for GNU and the problem with #import is that it is/was depricated (from gcc). But I don't know what the current/future state of gcc will be. If the #import will be valid or that we still need to use #include and ifdefs.

#import is undeprecated in gcc 3.4 thats why im using the gcc 3.4 snapshots
in developing my system

Dennis