Re: burn.app canr find my atapi combo drive

From: Rob Burns
Subject: Re: burn.app canr find my atapi combo drive
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 10:20:27 +0700

On 2004-02-03 16:29:53 +0700 Rogelio M. Serrano Jr. <rogelio@smsglobal.net> wrote:

Whenever i try to burn a cd, burn.app says write_not_found. How do I
make burn.app work with atapi? My cdrecord works only with the
- -dev=ATAPI parameter. How do I make Burn.app call cdrecord with that
parameter? I tried searching the source code for the call to cdrecord
so i could try to insert that parameter but i cant find it.

My local hacked up, temporary solution, can be found at

http://www.eskimo.com/~pburns/rob/Burn.app.tar.gz

It hard codes the device information for my atapi cdrw drive. I think the main thing was to add this line:

[drives addObject: [NSString stringWithFormat: @"%@: %@ %@ %@",
          @"ATAPI:0,0,0", @"my", @"custom", @"gadget"]];

to the availableDrives: method in the CDrecordController class. For a correct fix, I think that method would need to be modified to run cdrecord twice, with different arguments. Once for scsi drives and once for atapi drives.

Rob