Re: "dockable" windows

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: "dockable" windows
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:59:11 +0100

Uli Kusterer wrote:
In article <mailman.2540.1076994591.928.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 Adam Fedor <fedor@doc.com> wrote:

I actually tried this out on GNUstep, and it *almost* works as is,
except for an unimplemented selector 'isHidden' (for NSView?)

Ah, yes. That is a MacOS X 10.3 extension. Should have thought of that.

and another null selector.

I'd be very grateful if you could let me know which one that was. I'll try to add checks for these selectors and workarounds.

I'll try to fix any issues that prevent use on GNUstep and put the new sources up at http://www.zathras.de/programming/cocoa_stuff.php in case anyone wants to use it in one of their apps or expand upon it. I may occasionally get back to it depending on how much I'm annoyed by other user interfaces that could profit from this and smoothe it out some more.

To save you the time of making GNUstep specific adjustments, I am thinking about adding basic implementations for this new Apple methods on NSView to GNUstep. I hope to find some time for this today.

Fred