Re: Call for help - Fosdem booth

From: Stefan Böhringer
Subject: Re: Call for help - Fosdem booth
Date: 20 Feb 2004 14:06:12 +0100

Hello all,

> We really need to evangelize the mass of uncultured kde/gnome
barbarians
> attending fosdem about the fact that there is another strong player in the
> market - gnustep! :-)
So well said ;-)

I just want to give a sign of life. Unfortunately I cannot attend this
year at FOSDEM but I think as usual the meeting is going to be a great
success. Some of you know I'm in academia and work has had a hard grip
on me last year and this year. Nevertheless I tried to follow GNUstep
developments closely and hope to contribute at some point in time again.
In my opinion the last year has shown tremedous progress for GNUstep and
the project is gaining momentum. It's just amazing what really is in
place already.
To add to the discussion on marketing I really think that GNUsteppers
are capable of selling their point. It's just that the community is
still small which hampers spread of the word. The brochure/leaflet and
the new web design are excellent examples of well done representation
IMO. Again (like in NeXT/OPENSTEP days) a small community can stand up
to crowds 10 to 100 times bigger, leveraging on superiour design. And of
course there are also very smart persons around in the GNUstep
community.

For me it's time to cheer up and I expect GNUstep to settle in it's well
deserved place in the Open Source world very soon.

Have a great time at FOSDEM.

Best wishes,

        Stefan