Re: "Books" to be ported to GNUstep

From: Christopher Culver
Subject: Re: "Books" to be ported to GNUstep
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 16:35:17 +0100

On 2004-02-21 13:33:53 +0100 Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:
I had a look at Books source code and all I did see was Cocoa. Although there is a lot more code, than I would like to read at the moment, I wont expect any Carbon in it. There is some CoreFoundation code, eg in the XMLReader and of course there are a lot of new classes that GNUstep is still missing. Not only from AppKit (eg NSSearchFieldCell), also Foundation classes as NSIndexedSet.

The developer will backport Books to Jaguar. Will this lessen the number of problematic classes? What will remain for GNUstep to implement?

Christopher Culver