Re: color spaces, calibrated and device

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: color spaces, calibrated and device
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 23:27:11 +0100

on 2/24/04 9:43 PM, Alexander Malmberg at alexander@malmberg.org wrote:

> -art's bitmap rendering should be correct now, at least according to my
> DPSTest testing. -xlib won't compile with recent gcc snapshots, so I
> haven't tested it, but the code looks ok. Thus, if there are problems,
> they're probably caused in NSBitmapImageRep or higher layers.
yes, now both -art and -xlib have the same behavior. I confirm.

>> On art I also get some
>> segfaults from time to time...
>
> Backtraces with debug info would be nice. :)
I cannot reproduce them reliably... from time to time = "randomly"

> Anyway, Riccardo has given me some example images that can trigger the
> odd behavior, so I'm investigating.

Yes. The investigation was also that part of the code I wrote was flakey.
Fixed this I also added a check for both Device and Calibrated color space
on load: what happened is that image were converted to the common colorspace
only on os-x and not on gnustep. I fixed this (thanks again, alex).

So between the patches to the backend and the imprment of my own code this
problem seems to be solved for now...

-Riccardo