EOF (Was Re: Re[2]: Frameworks integration)

From: David Wetzel
Subject: EOF (Was Re: Re[2]: Frameworks integration)
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 18:50:32 +0100

Manuel Guesdon wrote:

> EOF is part of WO. And most WO users won't use a wo 'clone' without it.

EOF is now bundled with WO. But logical it is a separate thing.
EOF had a EOInterface framework before it was usable with WO.

The people who come from Apple's WO don't know different Frameworks and think
they  need that.
EOF is very nice in many aspects. It is easy to get results.
But it needs a lot of memory and is way to complex.

I created a different DB framework, TCSimpleDB wich supports the good EOF
things like EOModel, Adaptors, etc. but leaves out some of the not-needed parts.
GSWeb works fine with TCSimpleDB. But before putting this baby online, I need
some folks to cleanup it and to write some docs.
If you are interested, mail me directly.

---
   _  _
 _(_)(_)_  David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,
(_) __ (_) Buchhorster Strasse 23, D-16567 Muehlenbeck/Berlin, FRG,
  _/  \_   Fax +49 33056 82835 Phone +49 33056 82834
 (______)  http://www.turbocat.de/