Re: browser link in GNUMail?

From: René Berber
Subject: Re: browser link in GNUMail?
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 10:04:44 -0600

On 2004-03-03 16:37:12 -0600 Chris Conn <cmcgoat@swbell.net> wrote:

> Hi some questions from a new GNUstep user...
>
> Is there a way to set up  GNUMail.app so that I can
> click on an HTML link and have it open up a web page
> in a browser? I could not find any way to do this in
> the documentation.

No, there isn't a way yet.  I use copy/paste, but there is a menu entry in
services that probably can be made to work, in that case you only have to
select the URL and hit Alt-O..

> Also can I get it to display in-line HTML pages in
> mail messages?

No.

> I am running GNUstep on Slackware Linux 9.1.

Both answers could change to yes, perhaps the second one sooner even if the
first one should be easier.  By this I mean that there are people working on
making the display of html messages possible, and progress is very good on this
project http://mac.wms-network.de/gnustep/WebCore/blog/index.html

About opening URLs, a simple bundle could handle that, and it's probably easy
but nobody has done it yet.

BTW GNUMail has it's own mailist: