Gorm Progress 2004-03-13

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Gorm Progress 2004-03-13
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 05:51:41 -0800 (PST)

Much to report...

Things on the horizon for the next release:

1) Better class parser! (YACC based)
2) Better support for external palettes.  Although you can load external
palettes, you still need to do it every time you start Gorm.  There will be a
preferences module
3) Repairing old Gorm files.
4) Icon redux (partial)

Things on the horizon for the release after that....

1) User will be able to select whether to use keyed coding or not.
2) Improved keyed coder support and possibly...
3) the ability to read XML based nibs created on MOSX.
4) GUI redux

Just thought I would give everyone a heads up. :)

One note:
---------
Gorm is operationally close enough to IB so that much of the documentation for
IB can be used in learning Gorm.   I am one man, with limited time and, while I
care very much about all of my users, I don't have unlimited time to help.

Please be sure that something is a bug in Gorm before coming to me claiming
that it is.  I've had too many instances lately where it's user error. :)

Thanks, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento -- CEO/President Open Logic Corp.