ProjectCenter progress

From: Serg Stoyan
Subject: ProjectCenter progress
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 00:10:21 +0300

Hi, everybody!

First of all I want to say: you don't need to worry. I'm still working on
ProjectCenter. I was offline for some time upgrading my computer, fighting
with e-mail problems and so on. Anyway day by day ProjectCenter getting
closer to 0.4 release.

Most changes is not visible to user. Refactoring is almost done.
I can say that ProjectInspector was GORMified and almost finished. During
the refactoring process, I was concentrated on PC library and Application
project type. Now I make other project types up-to-date, fixing some bugs,
here and there in parallel.

I can't remember all the changes I've made last 3 months. Some of them:

- Builder and Launcher got improved support of multiple opened projects at
  once as well as made more fixes for stability;
- Project History (Loaded Files) improvemed and can be set as separate
  window or inside Project Window;
- fixes in Add/Remove files to/from project;
- Library is framework now, but this is a temporary decision (I know about
  portability problems). It should be fixed later.
- GORM and Application project types was merged. So, it works exactly like
  in OPENSTEP's ProjectBuilder. Although, some issues left (should main.m
  contain NSMenu creation code? or better to remove it for the sake of
  Right Thing?);
- file renaming implemented;
- etc.

It's better to see for yourself. All changes was committed to UNSTABLE_0_4
branch (and it is my main working branch). I plan merge it with HEAD branch
after adding subprojects support, but if anybody wants to see 0.4 release
before it, we can discuss it. So, get it and test!

--
Serg Stoyan