Re: State of gnustep under panther?

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: State of gnustep under panther?
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 05:03:53 -1100

On 2004-06-01 15:37:07 +0000 Matthew Weinstein <mweinste@kent.edu> wrote:

I'm wondering if there are build instructions (unofficial? official?) for building gnustep under panther (darwin 7.x) w/X11 interface? Downloaded the cvs but didn't see it anywhere? Hoping to get GORM up so I can start porting my app.

It works, but you need to recompile the FSF gcc -- the gcc in panther still has issues with the GNU runtime (Cocoa uses the NeXT Objective-C runtime). Check the GNUstep darwin installation notes -- I thought they were on the cvs, else a quick google search gave me the ml message about it : http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnustep/2004-02/msg00128.html

Hopefully the future Apple gcc will permit a direct compiling of GNUstep, it would be easier to set up :) But right now it works quite ok (some strange warnings/temporar errors with frameworks though).

--
Nicolas Roard