Editable NSTableViews?

From: Peter Robinson
Subject: Editable NSTableViews?
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 11:46:11 +0100 (BST)

I am developing an application where data is displayed in an NSTableView.
I want the user to be able to edit the data by typing directly into the
NSTableView.  Is this supported under GNUstep?  I can't get the editing UI
to appear under even though the same app works when I compile it under OS
X.

The table's datasource does respond to the correct 'set' method:
 -tableView:setObjectValue:forTableColumn:row:
but it never gets called.  In fact, when I double click on an editable
column, my -tableView:shouldEditTableColumn:row: is called (and returns
YES) but nothing happens to the UI.

I'm using Renaissance to create the UI elements and this is correctly
creating NSTableColumns where -isEditable responds YES, so I don't think
that's the problem.  A quick glance at GNUstep's NSTableView.m suggests
that editing is supported by GNUstep, and it's not obvious to me why it
isn't working.  Any ideas?

Peter