Re: ANN: GWorkspace 0.6.5

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Re: ANN: GWorkspace 0.6.5
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 02:20:25 +0200

On 2004-06-05 01:59:04 +0200 Enrico Sersale <enrico@imago.ro> wrote:

On 2004-06-05 00:58:21 +0300 Alex Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu> wrote:

Enrico Sersale wrote:

<snip>

No problem Alex, I know that this is not personal attack :-)
Till now GWorkspace has built with a simple ./configure (to detect the presence of PDFKit and of two or three other things) and a make install. Now this problem has appeared because I've decided to make FSNode a framework instead of a library and, evidently, beeing the first time I use this solution, I'm not able to link against it before installing. (It must be said, anyway, that there are not too many examples to copy from...)
So, if you or Michael want to help me, this is certainly welcome.
Else, the faster solution I see, is to build FSNode as a library and to add to the various makefiles of the subprojects a -I../FSNode and a -L../FSNode/$(GNUSTEP_OBJ_DIR).

It is doable with frameworks. I am using following in AgenFarms for an
application that uses frameworks:

ADDITIONAL_GUI_LIBS +=  -lAgentFarms -lFarmingKit

ADDITIONAL_INCLUDE_DIRS += -I../../Frameworks/

ADDITIONAL_LIB_DIRS +=
-L../../Frameworks/AgentFarms/AgentFarms.framework/Versions/Current/$(GNUSTEP_TARGET_LDIR)
ADDITIONAL_LIB_DIRS +=
-L../../Frameworks/FarmingKit/FarmingKit.framework/Versions/Current/$(GNUSTEP_TARGET_LDIR)

Then in the top-level makefile you have to build frameworks before apps.

Btw. when I do make distclean in gworkspace I get:

rm: cannot remove
`thumbnailer.service/Resources/ImageThumbnailer.thumb/ImageThumbnailer':
Permission denied
rm: cannot remove
`thumbnailer.service/Resources/ImageThumbnailer.thumb/Resources/Info-gnustep.plist':
 Permission denied

Note that I am making it as ordinary user and installing it as root with
intentionaly keeping root-only write permissions for /System. It seems like you
are moving some stuff inside the source tree before installing.

Stefan