Re: state of setAction for NSTableView

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: state of setAction for NSTableView
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 21:33:41 -0700 (PDT)

--- Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:
> Matthew Weinstein wrote:
> > Trying to use setAction with nstable view. It seems to do nothing.
> > setDoubleAction: (or whatever it's called) works like a charm. Looking
> > at the NSTableView code does seem to confirm that there is no "there
> > there". Am I wrong?

Yes.  You also need to use setTarget:.   I just ran a test connecting a
tableview to an action on the application and it calls the method correctly.
Please see below...

> There is some code in [NSTableView mouseDown:] that could cause the
> action to be send, but all of the code here is rather strange and we
> really need somebody to clean it up. You are welcome to start with this.
>
> Fred

The setAction: method sets the action to be executed on the specified target,
specified in setTarget:, when a user clicks (single click) on the table.

It is overridden in tableview, since tableview is a control which doesn't have
a "cell".   The superclass, NSControl, calls [cell setAction:] in the
setAction: method.

Don't remove this code.

GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento -- CEO/President Open Logic Corp.
#### Maintainer of Gorm for GNUstep.