Re: Re: Disappearing menu

From: rakko
Subject: Re: Re: Disappearing menu
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:19:14 -0500

> From: Gregory John Casamento <greg_casamento@yahoo.com>
> Date: 2004/06/29 Tue AM 09:07:26 CDT
> To: Matthew Weinstein <mweinste@kent.edu>,  discuss-gnustep@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: Disappearing menu
>
> Wow, I've never had that problem.   I'm at work now, but I will take a look at
> this issue when I get home, post-haste.
>
> The menu Gorm is editing should "migrate" like this as it's always put in the
> same place when you load.   Please let me know what you did to make this
> happen.
>
> Thanks, GJC
>
> --- Matthew Weinstein <mweinste@kent.edu> wrote:
> > Okay things are getting desperate. I'm seeing only the last 3 of my
> > 10 menu items as it creeps off screen.
> >
> > Greg: that resets gorm's menu, but not the menu that gorm is editing.
> >
> > Armando: Help, try it in gorm with a menu, does it work for you? If
> > so tell me the key combination that works in WindowMaker (using it on
> > a mac and doing x11 forwarding to the linux system where my app is)
> >
> > Other ideas on saving my menu?
> >
> > Matthew

FWIW, for a long time I've noticed "migration" of the various palettes in Gorm
from one invocation to the next. It only seems to happen if I'm using a
non-WindowMaker WM, e.g. kwin. I haven't noticed it happening with the menu,
but then I haven't been paying that close of attention to it.

I have also noticed migration of menus in other apps, but only detached
submenus, not the main menu. E.g. if I detach the File menu in GWorkspace, the
next time I run it under kwin, the File menu has migrated down a distance that
looks approximately equal to the height of a kwin title bar. So perhaps the
issue there and in Gorm has something to do with adjustments made for title
bars in non-WindowMaker WMs (notwithstanding the fact that menu windows Should
Not, and in my case at least do not, have titlebars)?

P.S. Sorry I have neglected to speak up about this before :)