GNUstep (and me) made the Gentoo Weekly News

From: Armando Di Cianno
Subject: GNUstep (and me) made the Gentoo Weekly News
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 19:29:12 -0400

Well, thought I'd forward the particular part of the GWN to the list, if only for your amusement.

I've been on sort of a personal quest to bring back _real_ GNUstep support to Gentoo ... hopefully, it'll soon join the ranks of distro's that actually offer support -- in earnest -- with GNUstep.

__armando (fafhrd on the gentoo forums)

- - -

=========================
5. Heard in the Community
=========================

Web Forums
----------

GNUstep Guerilla

GNUstep, the notoriously underestimated project, is not just the umptienth
funny way of managing your desktop. What's more interesting is the
development environment it provides for compiling Mac OS X (Cocoa)
applications for use on an x86 Linux platform. To reflect the progress
that GNUstep has made over the past few months, Forum user fafhrd[26]
seems to have found his calling: Unconvinced by the current state of the GNUstep ebuilds in Portage, he decided to write some of his own, ended up
posting a dozen new bugs and getting feedback from a number of people
adventurous enough to try them out:

 26. http://forums.gentoo.org/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1327

 * GNUstep on Gentoo: how many of us are there?[27]
 * New GNUstep Bugs[28]
 27. http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=184040
 28.
http://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=&short_desc_type=allwordssu
bstr&short_desc=GNUstep&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&bug_file_l
oc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&
status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&
bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=RESOLVED&
bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&emailreporter1=1&emailtype1=substring
&email1=armando&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=
substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&changedin=&chfieldfrom=&chfield
to=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0
-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=