Gorm file version update - Warning reiterated.

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Gorm file version update - Warning reiterated.
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:17:47 -0700 (PDT)

All,

If you are updating Gorm.app from cvs, you must also update gnustep to the
latest cvs version as well.   A change has occurred in the way .gorm files are
encoded.  Using the an older Gorm.app with the new GNUstep or vice versa could
will some inconsistencies.  So, if you are going to update Gorm.app from cvs,
please remember to update GNUstep as well or vice versa.  Older files are
version 0, newer files are version 1.

This type of change doesn't happen often (I try extremely hard to keep it to a
minimum), and we should probably have a way to do a "library version check"
within applications to make certain that an app is using the correct versions
of all frameworks and/or libs before they proceed, but, unfortunately, we don't
have a mecahnism like this yet. :/

The change in the format was to add flexibility and to simplify the .gorm
updated GNUstep libs and the updated Gorm.app (Version 0.7.8 - Jun 30 2004
Alpha) without any issues whatsoever.

I have posted this warning twice now (Previously in the email "Gorm Progress"
from yesterday) to be sure that people are aware of this.   As always, please
let me know immediately, if there are any issues I need to address.  I will try
to respond as quickly as possible to any email inquiries I receive.

Thanks, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento -- CEO/President Open Logic Corp.
#### Maintainer of Gorm for GNUstep.