Re: GNUstep's NET_WM support

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GNUstep's NET_WM support
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 10:52:47 -0600

On Jun 30, 2004, at 7:00 PM, Alex Perez wrote:

most of whom, statisically, use either KDE or GNOME, to come aboard. I was told recently by someone in #freedesktop that GNUstep only needs to implement a few EMWH/NET_WM hints for this to happen. Obviously also there needs to be a mechanism for GNUstep to automagically disable the drawing of its own appicons/miniwindows as well.

What do you think about this and how feasable do you think it is? Do you think it's a good idea? I really think this would help improve the image of GNUstep.

Sure. I've been wanting to do this for ages.  I wish I had more time...

On another somewhat related note, the wm-spec page at http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/wm-spec contains a table with links to various window managers COMPLIANCE files, listing the level of NET_WM support. We should probably have one of these in back/Documentation and then once that's in place we should definately email the folks at Freedesktop.org and have them add it to their list.

I have something like this, I've just been forgetting to commit it...