Re: [Fwd: [gentoo-security] pax and objc]

From: Andrew Pinski
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [gentoo-security] pax and objc]
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 12:09:57 -0400 (EDT)

> On Jul 1, 2004, at 4:28 PM, pageexec@freemail.hu wrote:
>

> > if libffi can accomplish the same things as ffcall but without
> > runtime code generation, then my preference would also be the
> > former, from a security point of view.
> >

> libffi is part of gcc now and is actively developed, so that's probably
> a good reason to start preferring it over ffcall in GNUstep.
> Particularly if it solves this problem. Hopefully some one can tell us
> that for sure.

It is not officially part of gcc yet, there has been some motion to get it
officially maintained by the FSF but there is a problem with one developer
even though he has already signed his copy right over for gcc, he/she does
not want to sign over the one for libffi for some reason.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski